Teen electrocuted while charging mobile phone

We all love to enjoy the music, for some music is a medicine and everything in their life. But sometimes it can take away your life too.

It can cause the death in the name of Electrocution.

What’s Electrocution?

Electrocution is death or serious injury caused by electric shock, electric current passing through the body. The word is derived from “electro” and “execution”, but it is also used for accidental death. The word is also used to describe non-fatal injuries due to electricity.

The term “electrocution” was coined in 1889 in the US just before the first use of the electric chair and originally referred only to electrical execution and not to accidental or suicidal electrical deaths. However, since no English word was available for non-judicial deaths due to electric shock, the word “electrocution” eventually took over as a description of all circumstances of electrical death from the new commercial electricity.

When it will happen?

It mostly happen with your phone when you keep your phone on charging and operating it, here in this context, when you keep your phone on charge and listening to music with headphones on.

As per the New Straits Times reports, Last week, a teenager was electrocuted to death while listening to headphones from a plugged-in mobile phone. Sixteen-year-old Mohd Aidi Azzhar Zahrin was discovered by his mother at their home in the town of Rembau, Malaysia, lying motionless on the floor and cold to the touch, Blood was pouring from his ear.

Medical checks showed no signs of bruising or external injuries to Mohd’s body, other than some burns on his left ear, and an autopsy later confirmed that the cause of death was electrocution. It’s understood that he was listening to the headphones while charging his phone.

Mohd is at least the fourth person this year to be killed by a headphone-inflicted electric shock.

In February, 17-year-old student Luiza Pinheiro was similarly found dead on the floor of her home in Riacho Frio, Brazil after a “huge electric charge” surged through her phone and the headphones melted in her ears as per NewsCorp.

“The girl’s grandmother told the doctor that they found her granddaughter unconscious, lying on the floor and with headphones in her ears,” a hospital employee told local media publication G1. “They said they believe that the young woman had an electric shock because the cell phone was charging and the phone was melted.”

In May, a 46-year-old woman in the Indian village of Kanathur was electrocuted after she fell asleep listening to music, The Times of India reported—with local police pointing to a short-circuit as a possible cause of the incident. Then, a month later, a 22-year-old man in the Indian village of Pandyo was listening to music from a plugged-in mobile phone while the electricity in his house was cut off. When the power came back online, the man received an electric shock through his headphones and was also killed, NDTV reported.

This isn’t a problem that’s specific to developing countries, either. In 2014, a 28-year-old Australian woman was found dead at her home in North Gosford, New South Wales after she’d been electrocuted by a USB cable that she was using to charge her phone while listening to music with headphones. In that case, the fatal shock was at least partly attributed to a faulty charging device, the ABC reported.

How we can save ourselves?

So please be careful while listening to music (When it’s on charging), better avoid and not to use your mobile phone while it is on charge.

Please find the below original links which are the sources for this article.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2018/12/437281/teen-electrocuted-while-charging-mobile-phone

https://au.news.yahoo.com/boy-16-electrocuted-death-using-phone-headphones-083254101.html

https://www.news.com.au/technology/gadgets/wearables/girl-17-electrocuted-as-she-charged-her-mobile-as-the-headphones-melted-in-her-ears/news-story/cd880d30d046dfaeb1e2a950592b474f

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/woman-falls-asleep-with-headphones-electrocuted/articleshow/64057831.cms

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/yamunanagar-man-electrocuted-while-listening-to-music-his-phone-was-charging-1863557

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-27/knock-off-usb-charger-to-blame-for-womans-death/5555138

Please follow and like us:

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*